1. Who Are We
Our Website is https://spots-and-stripes.com/ (“Website”). We are Spots and Stripes Products Ltd a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 11359354 and Our registered office address is The Hatch, High Street, Seend, Melksham, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN12 6NW.
You can contact Us by email at [email protected] or by post at Our registered office address.
We are the data controller responsible for Your personal data supplied to Us by You or collected by Us via Our Website.
3. Personal Data We Collect
We collect the following personal data about You:
- Processing Your order The personal details You provide when submitting an order. This includes Your name, address, e-mail address; phone number; gender and date of birth and country. We also collect information about Your debit/credit card and bank account information provided by You to Our payment service providers, that We require for the purpose of recording and processing Your order.
- Other Information: Personal details You choose to give when corresponding with Us by phone or e-mail, participating in user/customer/member surveys or otherwise visiting and interacting with Our Website.
4. Automatically Collected Personal Data
- Log Data: When You visit Our Website, Our servers record information (“log data”), including information that Your browser automatically sends whenever You visit Our Website. This log data includes Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (from which We understand the country You are connecting from at the time You visit Our Website), browser type and settings, the date and time of Your request.
5. How We Use Your Personal Data
We use Your personal data in the following ways:
- To acknowledge, confirm, deal with and fulfil Your order. Such use of Your data is necessary in order to implement Your request and is necessary for the performance of the contract between You and Us.
- Where You are a customer, to provide You with customer services, to administer Your customer account and to contact You regarding Your use of the services. Such use is necessary to respond to or implement Your request and for the performance of the contract between You and Us.
- To contact You in connection with user/customer/member surveys and use any information You choose to submit in response, provided that You gave Us Your consent to being contacted in this way at the time You provided Us with the personal data.
- As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- where We are asked to deal with any enquiries or complaints You make.
- to provide customer services and Our sales and marketing activities.
- to administer Our Website, to better understand how visitors interact with Our Websites and ensure that Our Website is presented in the most effective manner.
- to conduct analytics to inform Our marketing strategy and enable Us to enhance and personalise the experience We offer to Our customer and Our communications, including by creating customer profiles to enable personalised direct marketing communications.
- if You ask Us to delete Your data or to be removed from Our marketing lists and We are required to fulfil Your request, to keep basic personal data to identify You and prevent further unwanted data processing.
- We may anonymise, aggregate and de-identify the data that We collect and use such anonymised, aggregated and de-identified data for Our own internal business purposes, including sharing it with Our current and prospective customers, business partners, agents and other third parties for commercial, statistical and market research purposes, for example to allow those parties to analyse patterns among groups of people, and conducting research on demographics, interests and behaviour.
- for internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of Our efforts to keep Our Site, network and information systems secure.
- to (i) comply with legal obligations, (ii) respond to requests from competent authorities; (iii) protect Our operations; (iv) protect Our rights, safety or property, You or others; and (v) enforcing or defending legal rights or preventing damage.
- We may use Your personal data for other purposes which You have consented to at the time of providing Your data.
6. Disclosure Of Your Information
- Service Providers We use third parties who act on Our behalf to support Our operations, such as (i) card processing or payment services (see the section below headed “Payment Information”), (ii) credit reference agencies to protect against possible fraud, (iii) IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) as necessary to provide IT support, customer services and other goods/services available on Our Website, (iv) web analytics providers, (v) providers of digital advertising services and (vi) providers of marketing and sales software solutions. Pursuant to Our instructions, these parties may access, process or store Your personal data in the course of performing their duties to Us and solely in order to perform the services We have hired them to provide.
- Business Transfers If We sell Our business or Our company assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by Us about Our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
7. Payment Information
Any credit/debit card payments and other payments You make through Our Site will be processed by Our third party payment providers and the payment data You submit will be securely stored and encrypted by Our payment service providers using up to date industry standards. Please note that We do not ourselves directly process or store the debit/credit card data that You submit.
We may arrange that card or payment data You submit in support of an order is stored for the purpose of processing Your order. This data will be stored in accordance with Our legal obligations under applicable law and only for so long as legally permitted.
8. Personal Data Transfer
Your personal data may be transferred to and stored in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected, including the United States and other destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), to Our service providers and for the purposes described above.
Please note that the countries concerned may not provide the same legal standards for protection of Your personal data that You have in the United Kingdom or EEA. Where We transfer Your personal data to countries outside of the EEA We will take all steps to ensure that Your personal data will continue to be protected. We will implement appropriate safeguards for the transfer of personal data to Our service providers in accordance with the applicable law.
Where We have given You (or where You have chosen) a password or log-in which enables You to access certain restricted parts of Our Website, You are responsible for doing everything You reasonably can to keep these details secret. You must not share Your password or log-in details with anyone else.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet or public communications networks can never be completely secure. We will take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal data that You submit to Us against unauthorised/unlawful access or loss, destruction or damage, although We cannot 100% guarantee the security of personal data that You provide to Us online.
10. Personal Data Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period for Your personal data, We consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which We process Your personal data, applicable legal requirements or operational retention needs, and whether We can achieve those purposes through other means.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period We will securely destroy Your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. In some circumstances We may anonymise Your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with You, in which case it is no longer personal data.
11. Your Personal Data Protection Rights
Certain data protection laws give You specific rights in relation to Your personal data. In particular, if the processing of Your personal data is subject to the GDPR, You have the following rights in relation to Your personal data:
- Right of access: If You ask Us, We will confirm whether We are processing Your personal data and, if so, provide You with a copy of that personal data along with certain other details such as the purpose of the data processing. If You require additional copies, We may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification If Your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, You are entitled to ask that We correct or complete it. If We shared Your personal data with others, We will tell them about the correction where possible. If You ask Us, and where possible and lawful to do so, We will also tell You with whom We shared Your personal data so You can contact them directly in relation to rectification.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask Us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of Your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where You contest the accuracy of the personal data or object to Us processing it. We will tell You before We lift any restriction on processing. If We shared Your personal data with others, We will tell them about the restriction where possible. If You ask Us, and where possible and lawful to do so, We will also tell You with whom We shared Your personal data so You can contact them directly in relation to restricting processing.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain Your personal data from Us that You consented to give Us or that was provided to Us as necessary in connection with Our contract with You. We will provide You with Your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object: You may ask Us at any time to stop processing Your personal data, and We will do so:
- if We are relying on a legitimate interest to process Your personal data, unless We demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or
- if We are processing Your personal data for direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If We rely on Your consent to process Your personal data, You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of Your data before We received notice that You withdraw Your consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If You have a concern about Our privacy practices, including the way We handled Your personal data, You can report it to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If You wish to exercise any of these rights please email Us at [email protected]. We may also need to ask You for further information to verify Your identity before We can respond to any request.